Arvind has listed some great ideas below. I would love to know what you have done lately for someone else that you know can never repay you. Know this; you are doing these acts and the payoff for you is that you will have a much deeper sense of happiness in your own life. So get started!
Article: Kindness; 29 ways to Practice every day, by Arvind Devalia
To get you started, I have listed 29 ideas below. Why the number 29? Because it is as good a number as any – and also because I couldn’t think of idea number 30!
Put them into practice and also create your own:
1. Send someone a hand written note of thanks.
2. Make a card at home and send it to a friend for no reason.
3. Buy a lottery ticket for a stranger.
4. Put some coins in someone else’s parking meter.
5. Buy a coffee for the man on the high street selling The Big Issue magazine.
6. Cut your neighbor’s hedge.
7. Walk your friend’s dog.
8. Give a compliment about your waiter / waitress to his / her manager.
9. Send someone a small gift anonymously.
10. Stop and help someone replace his or her flat tire.
11. Let someone jump the queue at the bank.
12. Pay for the drinks on the next table at a café.
13. Treat a friend to the movies for no reason.
14. Give a huge tip to someone when they least expect it.
15. Hold the train door open for someone rushing to get in.
16. Give up your seat for someone, not just an elderly person.
17. Write notes of appreciation at least once a week.
18. Talk to a homeless person and have a “normal” conversation.
19. Pick up some rubbish in the road which would otherwise be lying around.
20. Compliment a work colleague for their excellence.
21. Recommend a competitor to a potential client.
22. Give another driver your parking spot.
23. Give a piece of fruit to a delivery person.
24. Help an elderly neighbor carry the rubbish out.
25. Tell all your family members how much your appreciate them.
26. Leave a copy of an interesting book on a train / bus.
27. Buy an inspirational book for a friend.
28. Send a thank you note to a person who has helped you in the past.
29. Smile a lot.
What goes around is sure to come around – happy helping :-)
Please apply these ideas in your life from today – and share your own ideas and how you get on with spreading kindness in the world in the comments. That way I won’t have to think up idea number 30 myself!
Have your own ideas? Post them on my Facebook wall. I love hearing from you!