Happiness, joy and esteem are very achievable, uncomplicated and cost nothing besides a bit of your time. Try these 7 simple tips each day and I guarantee you will be more settled, calm and self loving. For all of you A type, driven, self-confident people, let’s make the goal this year to have our self esteem rise to meet our self confidence!
1. Get some good quality sleep each night. That means at least 8 hours according to the sleep experts. No, I don’t want to hear how you function well on 5. Get 8!
2. Eat some healthy unprocessed foods daily. That means more fruits and veggies. Then throw one more portion in because we all know you didn’t get enough.
3. Get some real fresh air each day. Get outside for at least 15 minutes. Even if it’s you parking across the lot from the store. Fresh air, and day light is amazing for your personal sense of self.
4. Move your body for at least 10 minutes a day. Ask yourself “what do you have in the tank today?” Then, get moving. The endorphins allow you to be more of yourself and the mental and physical lift helps you assist others with their journeys.
5. Have at least one meaningful connection with another person each day. Not just a “Hi, how are you,” but something that is honest and transparent. I don’t know about you, but I am just sick to death with pretentious chitchats. Maybe I’m getting too old for these types of BS conversations. So cut to the chase and be yourself.
6. Laugh! Laugh! Laugh! Find even an obscurity to laugh at. Find your funny faster everyday.
7. BONUS: If you get the chance, reach out and do something that has no benefit to you. It’s the give factor.