April is National Stress Awareness Month, and boy, do we need it. In a recent study by the American Psychological Association, 75 percent of adults reported experiencing moderate to high levels of stress in the previous month, and nearly half reported that their stress has increased in the previous year. Yet, only half of participants said that they are doing enough to manage their stress. Meditation can help.
Martin Boroson suggests we do this one minute meditation everyday to just get into the habit of relaxation each day. Here is his simple nine step process to just get you started. Just breathe.
Suggested Song: a very good song on Breathing, download Alexi Murdoch’s “Breathe” from the soundtrack “Away We Go”
The Basic Minute
- Find a place of solitude.
- Sit down.
- Place your legs in a relaxed but fixed position.
- Sit up.
- Set your alarm for exactly one minute.
- Place your hands in a relaxed but fixed position.
- Close your eyes.
- Focus all your attention on your breathing.
- When the alarm sounds, stop.
For more info on doing the month long one minute a day meditation go to: